• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freakin wierd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

Ok with the help of cmc i got my board to overclock to [email protected]. Yesterday I tried to boot up and got nothing. I tried several attempts to boot it but it would hang on the mem test. I remember when i was tryin to get 12.5x150 it did the same thing. So I reset my BIOS and got it to boot with defaults.

Now whenever i try to overclock it back to the 11.5x150 it defaults out to 12.5x150. I got it to post a couple time at 1874mhz. When I would check the BIOS it was still set at 11.5 which should only be 1725. WTF is up wit dat?? Right now i bumped back to stock. This is frustrating.

Im running 2000+ MPs. My avatar has a pic of one and the other is slightly different but a 2000+ MP still. No mods have been done to the CPUs at all.

Heres a pic of the other core.
cpu2.jpg

Last edited:
welp i just tried 11.5 10.5 and 9. Seems to be locked at 12.5. It won't warm boot anymore. I have to turn it off and back on again to get it to restart when i use a different multi.

hmm. weird.

What BIOS version are you running?

I know that MP's are supposed to be unlocked, already, but did you unlock the L1's?

I know it's a pain, but can you try removing CPU2? Test CPU1 to see if it exhibits this 12.5-only behavior, then take it out, replace it with the other CPU and test that one to see if it exhibits the 12.5-only behavior.

You could also try resetting the CMOS, loading default BIOS settings, then go in a tweak the multi-only and try to see if it takes.

Xtc4u said:
reset CMOS still locked at 12.5.

Edit: Should i still swap CPUs?

Yeah, try the other and see if it exhibits the same behavior. If it does, then we're looking at a motherboard issue, if it doesn't, then we're looking at a CPU issue.

OK i swapped the other one out. It still locked at 12.5. i tried every combination of vcore clock and multi to get it to something different. Nothing. Looks like im stuck with 12.5.

I'm gonna put the other back in so im back to dual status I cant stand only one. Never realized it made that big a difference. But it does.

Sounds like a motherboard issue. Can you try updating the BIOS? 1.6 is out, but not always available on the website. If you want to try it, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

If all else fails, you can bridge the L1's to unlock the thing (this may not help) or you can blow the bridges to MAKE it a 11.5 multiplier on both chips.

Well i finally got a chance to flash to 1.6. Farkin Tstorm rolled through right after i got it from ya cmc. Anyways they are still locked at 12.5. Guess i either have to live with 12.5 or "hardcode" them. No idea how to do that though. So for the time being i'll be running a lower fsb. oh well. Thanks for the help.

Now this is getting f----ed up. Get this. I tried just bumping it down to 12. multi 12 worked. SO i tried 11.5 again. 11.5 didn't work. SO i decided ok i can live with lower fsb. so i adjust my fsb to 144. booted no problem at 12x144. SO i said what the hell i'll try for a better oc this time. well I am now running at 12x150. when before the max i could run was 11.5x150. It workes and im now going to run prime and see if it will hold the OC. wierd chit i tell ya.

Back