• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80gb 8mb cache maxtor for possibly 20+tax

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

staples sells the drive for 109.99
order with a 20 off 100 coupon
do a pricematch to compusa which has for 99.99, so that's -10
there is maxtor rebate and a staples rebate both for 30 each.
the electronic staples rebate suposedly will accept a copy of the UPC...so
=
+ tax on 80 or 90

even with the one rebate it's 50!

Can vouch for the drive. I just got one ofr $85 shipped, and was happy at that price... if you can pull this one off it's well worth it.

found it at fatwallet.com....they have links to actual rebates and coupon codes etc...i don't think those are allowed to be posted here AFAIK

Since both these rebates are handled by the same company the odds of stacking them are basicly zero. Let us know if you actually are able to get all the rebates and I will eat crow :)

yeah that 2nd rebate is very YMMV (your mileage may very), still a good deal at ~ 60$ after rebate for the drive though...and staples rebates are really fast, I got my last one in 3 weeks.

Don't you need a reciept for a rebate? Everyone I ever did required a reciept, so if you buy it a CUSA, how will you send in a staples reciept?

You dont buy it at compusa. You get a staples pricematch on Compusa's price.

just checked out that fatwallet thread and this seems to be a "SA-MOKIN'" deal. They say someone has confirirmed that both rebates are valid, however you do have to get on the horn and do some pricematching finesse. STILL, it's a killer deal! That's $0.25/mb for a high performance drive...!

Too bad I already sunk into a 180 gb WD for $99 at the CompUSA 19th Anniversary sale... Still that was a good deal... ;) Too many deals, not enough Mo-nay.

unfortunatly dips right :( I already got 2 (one sent to my moms house), I need 2 more for a 0+1 array, I'm offering 70 bucks in other forums for these and post that you can get em for 20, only person who's talked to me sold em before I could reply to a PM :(

Silversinksam said:
Let us know if you actually are able to get all the rebates and I will eat crow :)

cursor said:
just checked out that fatwallet thread and this seems to be a "SA-MOKIN'" deal. They say someone has confirirmed that both rebates are valid

i'll just go start warming up the ol' grill........ :p

ajrettke said:

This is the post that lists the in depth stuff with the links...you can place the order online using the coupon, call em up and price match to compusa... if they say no, call back you'll get a new person which most likely will.

So how does this all work. When you call them what do they need to know, does staples online give you an order number to work with? How do you get the rebates? Are they sent in the package with the hard drive?

Anyone want to describe how to go about the whole price matching procedure?

Also, is this possible to buy in-store?

-CPFitz-

its really easy...just dial 1-800-3STAPLE, and go through the menu that says obtain a pricematch or something of the sort.

When you get a CSR give them the item number from staples site: 499949

Then say you want to pricematch to compusa's price, and their item number is: 301730

The csr says let me check if i can.....comes back yes I can do it blah blah...its 99.99 she/he then asks for a catalog number, give them the coupon code and whammo....all done.

Back