• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone with a waterblock on there northbridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

In particularly the k7d master. just like to know because the block that was sent to me has the mounting holes in a weird place that looked correct on their site but alas... :( If it performed well that would be a bonus too. :D

Funny how these things time themselves out...I was just pricing the DD northbridge WB for my MSI dually. Which did you get that didn't fit to well?

I don't think watercooling the northbridge is necessary. On all three of my MSI duallies, I have taken off the standard NB heatsink, made sure there was thermal paste on it, then put it back on, without the fan. I am running all three without the northbridge fan at all. Two of them are running at 150 FSB, the third is at 133. No stability problems on any of them, so I don't think that additional NB cooling is really needed. I took off the fans because they are fairly loud and annoying. As long as there is a ~little~ airflow going across the NB heatsink, you should be fine.

I want to water cool my NB cuz how hot it gets in this part of the house (my computer room) It always runs in the low mid 80's in this room even with the rest of the house is central aired down to the mid 70's. Besides...It would look :cool:
I'm also thinking about getting a radiator double the size of the one I have now.

Back