• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 350W enermax supply's inconsistant voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erv

Registered
Tell me if this is a normal occurance or not ... i don't know if my PSU is a POS or if this is just normal. It's an Enermax 350W.

I set my voltage to 1.650(from stock 1.5) and my mobo's BIOS' PC health status screen shows it bouncing back between 1.63 amd 1.61 volts ... thats not even 1.65? plus its bouncing. Then i go up to 1.675 and it still sais less voltage, and is bouncing back and fourth by that amount. Is this normal or is my PSU a POS?

2) If i need a new one which do i buy? i have a geforce4Ti4600, three optical drives(dvd burners included) three harddrives and a few other goodies. Plus i wanna have overclocking goodness to the snizzle.

my mobo is a 8RGA+ and my CPU's a TbredB

readings from the bios isn't 100% accurate, do some stress testing when overclocking and if it works well, i wouldn't worry about it

voltages always fluctuate a little, although on my 8rda+ it shows a little more voltage than what i put it on (1.675v is often 1.696v or 1.712v!). the part that strikes me is that yours seem to be undervolting what you set it to while mine goes higher, i'm only using a 300w Enhance although my 431W Enermax is arriving today with FCA, PFC, its Black hehe - all the fixins', can't wait to see how it goes

functionality is the most important concern imo, if you stress test it with your equipment and it works fine then it is fine

yep, plus could be anything from voltage regulator on mb to bios to connector. ram and cpu share same power feed on alot of mb's.when u crank it up the components on the mb cant run stable..

flapperhead, so does this mean that a lot of problems people have can be due to the motherboard but blamed on the psu?

how accurate or important are the voltage readings relating to true stability or quality?

Back