• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DLT3C AND DUT3C mixed on K7dmaster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

formosian

Registered
I am planning to replace my 2 1600+ agoia with 2 1700+ Tbred B. One of them is dLt3c which defaults the Vcore to 1.5V and the other is dUt3c with default Vcore 1.6V. My question is that do I need to modify one of them to make both cpus at the same default Vcore or is it OK just to put them in and adjust the vcore later in Bios.

What I am worry about is that if I put these 2 cpus into the board without modifying them to same default Vcore, will the board boot? If not, I dont even have a chance to get into bios and change the Vcores.

And the second question is that by using the 1.5 bios on the k7dmaster-L I assume 1700 Tbred B is already unlocked up to 12.5 multiplier without any modification on the chip. Am I corect on this one?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, either 1700 Tbred will be unlucked up to 12.5x

That's a good question on whether or not the mobo will boot with those 2 cpu's, try it out. Or to be on the safe side, mod one of them to equal the other first.

There's only one Vcore in the bios, that controls the vcore for both cpu's...

Yeah... the vcore would be the only issue. You could probably run one CPU overvolted but I am not sure how that would work (and/or if you even want to do it if it does work).

Otherwise you might want to try swinging a deal with someone to get a chip that at least matches for default voltage.

You will probably have to mod the default Vcore of one of the chips. Read this thread for all the info and links you need on modding AMD CPU's.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=156828

*EDIT* I looked here at the interactive T-bred painting guide and I see that all you have to do to mod the chip for 1.6V is connect the middle L11 bridge. Looks simple. You won't have to blow a bridge or anything, just fill the pit, and paint across the middle L11 bridge to get 1.6V.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for all the information. When I get home tonight, I will try these 2 chips without the Vcore mod first and see if the board boots. If not, I guess I have to do the middle L11 bridge.

Successful without Vmod

The 2 Tbred 1700s (one is Dut3c the other is Dlt3c) were successfully installed on my K7dmaster-L without Vmod on the chips.

They have been running for almost 3 days without a single probelm. Multipliers are unlocked up to 12.5 with 1.5 bios.

One thing strange though, when I first booted up, the default Vcore showed 1.8V. I thought it should be either 1.5V or 1.6V?? Anyway I lowered the Vcore to 1.6V running 12.5X144=1.8GHz. If anyone has any idea why the default was 1.8V, please give some input for it.

It's probably just because it was the first time it booted and it didn't have a chance to read the correct settings off the CPU. I have noticed that same issue, before, but after the first save of the BIOS and reboot, it does read the correct Vcore, at least in my experience.

Back