• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I must be doing something wrong...225MHz FSB...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benutne

Registered
On an Abit NF7-S v1.1 with a single stick of 512MB Samsung PC2700 DDR. VDimm is at 2.7V and VDD is at 1.7V. The memory is at 1:1 as well. I've got the multiplier low right now to rule out the CPU (it does 2.4GHz at 1.8V anyway)

Did I just get REALLY lucky, or is something wrong?

Memory timings are 2.5, 5, 3, 3 BTW.

cack01 said:
Don't doubt. Run some Sandra benchmarks to compare, and then you will be able to see if you really are running at that speed.

Which specific benchmarks should I run, and what do I compare them to? I never took much stock in Sandra/3DMark benchmarks.

no way he is running that correctly. pc2700 ram cannot reach 225, i dont care who makes it.

225*0.75=168.75 which would make sense if hes running it at 4:3 think that may be it?

Let me guess, do you have Samsung? That's the only PC2700 that I know of which can hit the 220's at CAS2.5.

Mine is hitting 200 without a sweat (it's not maxed out, my NB is) and default vdimm, and that's with 2-5-2-2.

I only wish I could hit 2-5-2-2. But yeah, its Samsung Original. The BIOS is set to 3:3 (1:1) for the memory divider. I was just amazed at how well this board and memory overclock. I'm wondering...how much more performance do you guys think I'm getting by going to 225MHz FSB from 200MHz?

Back