• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

short opportunity: answer fast: antec truepower550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erv

Registered
short opportunity: answer fast: antec truepower550/truecontrol550

Is this TruePower True550 ATX PSU good for hard overclocking and stuff? is this a general high quality PSU? See my comp specs in sig. I need a PSU with high stability for overclocking

Also should i get the TruePower550 or the TrueControl550?

Please answer fast because my opportunity to buy this locally instead of online is running out fast(few hours)

Last edited:
either one will do great. Just if you want/need to control the voltages then get the true control. I would just get the truepower personally, but it depends if you want that ability.

but is the forton as stable % or as high quality // or have the relativly quiet fan the antec does?

I dont see newegg selling fortron psu's let alone the 520 watt version. The 460 and 550 watt versions of the fortrons from what i see have a low 3.3 and 5v rail but very strong 12v rail designed for entry level server systems thus probably not a really good match with what overclockers systems need. If i had to choose between the two antec true psu's I would go TrueControle550 for sure if the price isnt a problem.

Back