• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my digitaldoc dying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
At first, I thought it was my power supply. At seemingly random moments, the 5v line would drop from its usual ~5.1 to ~4.5 or so.

I am also currently monitoring my reservoir temperature and my intake fan temerature. Intake us usually around 23c, reservoir is usually around 27c. I coated the thermocouple in a fat layer of plumbers goop for the reservoir temp one (to prevent water from doing anything bad). Now both of those thermocouples are reporting random temperatures between 7c and 18c and they constantly jump several degrees at every interval. And, of course, now the weird 5v drop thing isn't happening either.

Anyone know how I might be able to diagnose and repair my digitaldoc? I've got a soldering iron, good multimeter, and a radio shack at my disposal.

Try disconnecting the sensors in the water. Other than that, welcome to the club. Mine went out in a split second, when I attached that piece of junk adapter backwards. To that point (when it was too late) I didn't even realise it has a perfectly good floppy style power connector on the board.

Hmm. . . Just looked at my digitaldoc because I had a temperature warning alarm only to see that the decimal point on the voltage monitors is gone. weird.

Back