• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power supply voltage readings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

webfreak

As you can read by my sig, I'm using an Enermax EG465P-VE (FC) 431watt power supply. Right now under load (folding) my voltage rails are reading:

Vcore = bouncing between 1.74V and 1.76V
+3.3V = 3.44V
+5V = bouncing between 4.81V and 4.84V
+12V = 11.92V

Just curious if these voltages are OK. The system isn't overclocked at all right now due to high ambient temps (the cpu is at 50C load :().

They look OK....The +5 is a tiny low, but not bad....are you having any problems with it crashing?

I had my +5v rail running at +4.6 for a while. The system was dead stable, if I could get it to boot. (The Enermax PSU was causing boot-time problems.. non-initialization of video, video problems, not posting, etc. I replaced it with another one, and it's working fine, my +5 is at +5.10 now (but I got more watts now).

TLhead said:
They look OK....The +5 is a tiny low, but not bad....are you having any problems with it crashing?

Actually, no, the system is perfectly stable and rock solid. I was just wondering if the voltages are within tolerance, and since it's completely stable, I guess they are. :rolleyes:

su root said:
I had my +5v rail running at +4.6 for a while. The system was dead stable, if I could get it to boot. (The Enermax PSU was causing boot-time problems.. non-initialization of video, video problems, not posting, etc. I replaced it with another one, and it's working fine, my +5 is at +5.10 now (but I got more watts now).

Ouch. I bet my system would be that unstable too if my +5V were at 4.6V. Anyway, my next system will have an antec true control 550watt psu in it. I don't plan on using any of the original hardware from this system when I build a new one. I'll probably end up giving it to my brother or cleaning it up and selling it.

Back