• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCarne_Asada

I have a samsung syncmaster 191t. i cant find the software CD to install the program that allows you to change the way you use the screen. does anyone know what is was and were i can get it?

It should be part of your operating system and, if not, good luck finding it. Most monitors that I have ever seen have not had their own software nor even a driver disk. They are recievers. No input necessary so no protocol or program to follow. The prog is internal to the monitor. When it is not plugged into the comp, just to the wall, you see a display like "entering power save mode" or "error no connection" when turned on. These images are inside the monitors memory and provided through its own circuitry and programming controls. The menu and its functions are also party of this onboard arsenal....

Now actually what is the way you want to use the screen differently? I may have been off topic above...
Perhaps a file sharing community could provide some assistance...

well basically i can turn my monitor 90* so i can view webpages with out having to scroll. my resolution is 1280x1024 and it changes it to 1024x1280.

xCarne_Asada said:
well basically i can turn my monitor 90* so i can view webpages with out having to scroll. my resolution is 1280x1024 and it changes it to 1024x1280.
depending on what ati drivers you are using you should be able to do it thru display properties> settings tab> advanced settings> rotation tab

its there on my setup but im using omega's drivers

Back