• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with my old pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s[H]sIkuA

got 1 and cant figure want to do what with it

I only got 1 monitor so i cant set it up as a single pc

it got 500mb HDD and all the other equipment except for monitor and cables

suggestion? any fun stuff to do with it?

Load up a big cache file for seti, start it running and switch the monitor and cables to your good computer. Leave it going for a week and see if itstays running.

yea I forget about folding!!:D oh and seti too i recently want to try out seti i think it is the good time for it :)

oh gawd I forget to tell u guys I dont have two power cables ROFL :D

well going to find one soon (actually this pc is from my friend , he dont know what to do with it -he got a new one , so he give me instead :) )

SETI or a retro DOS gaming machine. Alot of the old DOS games won't run at the correct speed on modern machines because their timings were built specifically for 486s

if you dont want to spend any extra money on it you could just set it up with vnc running as a services and connect to it remotly threw the old comptuer

you could run prime95 on it as well

A few people in the classifieds are looking for cheap/free computers for good causes. You could always donate.

-CPFitz-

i just made myself an internet server for back home... i needed a server or a router so i figured i would make some use out of an old yet reliable machine :)

Back