• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid on a7n8x deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hi, does anyone know a detailed guide on how to set up raid on with my 2 hdd on an a7n8x deluxe rev 1.06. or can any1 give me a quick guide? thanks alot, bye.

ps. one hdd is 80gb, and the other one is 120gb

edit: could some1 quickly tell me what RMA is please? see it alot on the forum.

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. Basically it is a number that you get from a retailer or company to return your equipment for warrenty work/replacement.

I would assume you have sata drives, or else you will need sata to pata adapters. Also it's best to use identical drives for a raid setup. In your case the max size of the array will be limited by the smaller of your two drives. One you get them hooked up you'll need to enter the configuration menu during the post process. I forget the exact key sequence, but you'll see a message on the screen telling you what to press to enter the sata setup utility. If you don't see that message then the jumper has been set on your mobo to turn the sata controller off. Once in the utility the instructions are pretty straight forward as long as you understand the basics of raid. I suggest reading up a little on the different raid modes first.

In the back of the manual there is a whole section on how to setup your RAID array. If you dont have the manual you can download it from ASUS.com

Back