• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocable P4 supporting DDR433

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude_drew

I want to get a completely overclockable board that will support Corsair DDR433. I won't get it until after Christmas, but I want to know what to get at the time without having to do alot of research. But what is there now that I could get? It needs 8x AGP, at least 4x PCI, no video, maybe 5.1 sound, and thats about it.

That runs memory at a default 433 speed? Nothing. The fastest default memory speed at this moment is 400 for the Canterwood boards just beginning to ship now. The Springdale (865PE) coming next month will run at the same default speed. Barring something weird from VIA or SiS to one-up Intel on the spec sheet, I don't forsee anyone making a 433 board.

Of course this doesn't mean you won't be able to use faster memory. Most smart builders will buy memory that is faster than the default board speed since memory is often the weakest link in an overclocking setup. If you want to overclock a Canterdale board going with quality DDR433 might be a good idea.

As to which board to recommend, I think you're shopping six months too early. All the boards that are in production now or have firm production dates will probably be replaced by successor models before Christmas rolls around.

BHD

I thought I was shopping to early as well. But I might get the stuff soon, or late. I don't know when my dad will let me get the stuff. I just want a board that can support pc3500 without any problems or anything.

But why just DDR433 when DDR466 is starting to make its way to market. And by Christmas, I am sure there will be a DDR500 or even more. I tend to agree, you are looking about six months too soon for a Christmas upgrade as there's still going to be even more changes between now and then.

Back