• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7D Master-L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude_drew

What kind of ram can I use in this? Is it only registered and ecc ram? What type of cpu could I use? Would a old T-Bird work without modding or would I just get a XP and mod it to a MP?

Please read the stickies in this forum. You will find the answers to your CPU questions, there.

The best RAM for the MSI K7D Master (if you plan on overclocking the FSB) is Samsung PC2700. You can get Registered or unbuffered. Like most MPX boards, the K7D can run up to two sticks of unbuffered memory or up to four sticks of Registered memory. You can't mix and match. You need to run all Unbuffered or all Registered.

These are the best memory settings for the K7D:

dude_drew said:
thanks. I didn't think it supported faster ram.

It will, but it does have problems with some kinds of PC2700 and PC3200, especially Corsair. With those kinds of memory, you HAVE to set MANUAL memory settings. The system won't boot with the RAM set to AUTO.

Back