• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be good multiplier & FSB settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ununquadium114

Disabled
Specs:
Athlon XP 2700 TBred
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
512 Corsair RAM
60 GB 7200 RPM WD Hard Drive
Geforce 4 Ti4400
52x24x52x CD Writer
Vantec Tornado
SLK 800 Heatsink

That is what I'm running. I want to hit 2.5 ghz. Currently my Multiplier is at 14 & my FSB is at 170. What would be good settings to hit 2.5 ghz. Thanks

You probably won't be going much higher. Try this: decrease the multiplier to something low, and increase the FSB in small increments (be sure to run memtest a lot) until you hit your mobo's and/or RAM's limit (to see if it's the RAM limit, relax/unrelax the RAM timings or run asynchronously). Then increase the multiplier until you hit your proc's limit.

Just don't try FSB's over 188 or so... high PCI clocks tend to corrupt hard drives.

Damian said:

Just don't try FSB's over 188 or so... high PCI clocks tend to corrupt hard drives.

Not on pci locked motherboard's/

But like he said see what you fsb max is 1.

drop the multipler to like 6 or something and keep uping the fsb till you find you fsb max then drop it 2 and go up by x.5 from there.

Ok thanks. Right now im at 173 x 14, 2.43 ghz. What would be equivalent to p4 3 ghz? 2.7 or so?

Ununquadium114 said:
Ok thanks. Right now im at 173 x 14, 2.43 ghz. What would be equivalent to p4 3 ghz? 2.7 or so?

It doesn't really matter (apples vs oranges, etc). What matters is getting the best performance from your rig. You won't know until you find your system's limits first.

Back