• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Scanner recomendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

I am planning to buy a scanner soon. As far as I know there isn't such a thing as a scanner directly plugged in the network. But what I am looking for is a scanner that comes with a software that can be installed on all the machines on the network so that they can remotely scan a document through the computer to which the canner is connected to.

What is the best model scanner in the range $300 - $400 that can do that? I plan to use it to scan mostly documents but some photos and transparencies (photo negatives) too. So while good photo quality is necesarry speed is also important.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

The HP 7000 series can do that I believe. I know there's one at a lab at my school that can do that, but it could be a feature of Novell. Either way that scanner is ridiculously good.

RadRacer said:
The HP 7000 series can do that I believe. I know there's one at a lab at my school that can do that, but it could be a feature of Novell. Either way that scanner is ridiculously good.

I can't say for sure about network connectivity, but I have the HP 6300C and its a very nice scanner. High quality and fairly fast.

Back