• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check this out!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logos

boy, anyone done this one before?

i put together a new box (1.8a and BD7-II) and it booted right up. while setting up the bios i selected auto shutdown for cpu fan fail...but i forgot that the cpu fan was plugged into a 4 plug...the cpu fan header had nothing plugged in!

so anyway, i am trying to reboot and the thing keeps shutting down. i tried everything, cleared the cmos like 4 times, held down the insert key, powered off and on several times. while trying to figure out my problem i noticed the empty fan header. AHA! so i grabbed a heatsink/fan outta my parts box and plugged that into the header and....it booted! so anyway, no auto shutdown for cpu fan fail!

thing is working great, got it 1.6v and 2.61ghz right now, when i get the operating system up i will give it a little more voltage and see where it tops out. thanks to caffeinehog for the great deal...

Back