• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

videos on cd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

champdog

Can videos be burned on a cd so that dvd players will be able to play them? If so, how can I do this?

Is Nero free? I don't have any software for buring stuff, I just use what came with Windows.

Is there another program that I could get for free that would work?

This is freeware converter to change video from TV or VHS into mpeg2 which is what you need to record to the cd in, this should make a VCD that is able to be viewed on "most" dvd players, works on my panasonic. Due a google search for Virtual Dub to modify those files. There is lot more involved than just recording and burning, good luck.

TMPGEnc Version 2.510.49.157
=====================================

1. The software

The software converts AVI(*.AVI) file into MPEG-1/2.

2. Requirements

Recommended minimum hardware spec :

- PentiumIII 500MHz or higher
- RAM : 64MB or higher
- More than 100MB free space on HDD

TMPGEnc Web site: http://www.tmpgenc.net/
Pegasys Inc. : http://www.pegasys-inc.com

Yeah and be mindful of the fact that not all dvd players will play vcd/svcd and those that do might not play svcd or be real finicky. There are also some nuances with the conversion. If your trying to convert XVID or Divx into mpeg2 then you should rip the sound from the file using vitual dub. For better explanation on all of this and for all your video conversion needs check out www.vcdhelp.com

jofrad said:
no nero is not free unless u buy a lite-on cdrw drive

hehe

it doesnt have to be lite-on.... got a copy with my crappy cendyne and others Ive gotten. Its pretty much standard in most burners (either that or Roxio)

thats true, but i said that because i like liteon a lot,

yup hes rite as long if u buy a burner make sure it comes with a burning program or so.

Back