• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi is able to be changed!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPFitz14

Seems that a someone from my school has upped the multi on their 2.53 to 21.

Can this be possible, am I just out of the loop?

Linky.......scroll down to the bottom, its around the 4th to last post: http://forum.faliesonsworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=345
The ASUS board I got referring to the most recent comp I built [4/15] I could change the multiplier right from the bios. multiplayer was 133 X 19 = 2527 (or a 2.53 gigahertz) . The motherboard allowed you to change the multiplier up to 40 (5320). Though... I would say I did not try this! [I would have... had I had a liquid Nitrogen cooling system in it] Nor would I suggest anyone with the same options to try doubling their processor speeds. I did clock it up to 2793 (increasing multiplire to 21). and I got about 400 extra points on Mad Onion's 3DMARK03. I cant find the benchmark but with the PC I got around 16K.

my guess is :
A.he smoked weed and cant see right
Or
B.he got himself a Engineering Sample with unlocked multiply

A.) Not likely:D
B.) Definitely not.

I'm really kind of confused about the whole thing. How could this be possible. If you go to the 3dmark site.... it shows his speed at 2660mhz.... which would be a multi of 20.

-CPFitz-

i just saw the benchmark
the multiplier didnt change...
19x138 = 2622

maybe the bios just change the fsb according to wanted speed
like if he wants mult 22
that will give 2926
so the bios change it to 154 fsb instead

tell him to check on sandra on cpu info what it says there

CPFitz14 said:
A.) Not likely:D
B.) Definitely not.

I'm really kind of confused about the whole thing. How could this be possible. If you go to the 3dmark site.... it shows his speed at 2660mhz.... which would be a multi of 20.

-CPFitz-

I stopped relying on futuremark.com after seing this...
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1052552

That means his multiplyer would be 50.5

EDIT: He says it's at 1337 (334 FSB), making his multiplyer 16, but it still only shows 100 FSB...

Madboy2003 said:
i just saw the benchmark
the multiplier didnt change...
19x138 = 2622

maybe the bios just change the fsb according to wanted speed
like if he wants mult 22
that will give 2926
so the bios change it to 154 fsb instead

tell him to check on sandra on cpu info what it says there

I think you've hit it on the money... nice job.:D I'll let him know. Thanks again.. I knew this couldn't possibly be true.

-CPFitz-

Yea, I can change my multiplyer in the bios but it doesn't do anything on to the chip, still at 18x no matter what I set the multiplyer to.

Back