• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rheobus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

i need a rheobus. i liked the nexus a lot because it looked sweet but it makes crappy noises at low levels, which i need to use. my final options were

zalman rheobus $50
http://store4.yimg.com/I/xoxide_1734_2442100
or

enermax rheobus $28
xoxide_1737_19632738

im leaning towards the enermax because its like half the price and it has an LCD. it also has temperature monitor. i like the zalman because it looks nice (well the both do IMO) but the switches have unlimited power.

what are your opinions? what advantages/disadvantages eac have?

I would probably go with the enermax b/c an LCD looks really cool on the front of a comp (and I'm cheap), but I'm not totally sure. Do you have a link to some specs on that enermax unit? Either of them actually.

I would go with the Enermax because it has the temperature display and thats always good, i like to see my temps by just looking at the case, I think thats cool, plus its cheaper. The zalman looks realy cool, so does the nexus vantec NXP-101 but thats for only controlling the CPU fan.
For looks I would get the zalman, but no temeperature display, and I love temperature display.

Just my $.02 cents.

Pedro

wow! i want one of those enermax ones. was going to get that 50dollar nexus and a 30 dollar 4 fan contoller but im going with that thing now. thx for posting aobut it :)

I didn't see on the site you posted where it gave the power dissipation ability of the enermax controller. Without that how do you know which fans you can control with it?

LA

ya kinda true... but according to enermax's website

Features

Over Heat & Low RPM Alarm
Aluminum
Six Fan Speed Control
Dual RPM & Temp Display LED
Fan Speed Adjustable
Hard Drive Mount

Specifications

Dimension 148(W) x 42(H) x 185.5 (D) mm
DC Input +5,+12V (Standard 4 pins Connector)
LCD Dimension 43x20mm
LED Lamps Blue LED 3.0V
Material Aluminum
3 Pin Fan Connector 6
Fan RPM Adjustable Knob 6
Accessory
Screw(4),Sticker
Colors Available Black, Silver, Beige

DC Input +5,+12V (Standard 4 pins Connector)
thats all it says. i guess only 1 fan? and it can turn them down to 5v??

Just got a response on the enermax UC-A5FATR2 controller

"It could take 8 watts~10 watts for each VR function to control the computer fan.

Maxpoint "

LA

wow seems like fast response. haha well anyways 8-10 watts, so how many fans can that control around? i mean vantec stealths (which IMO are not good) i think are rated 1.2 watts. am i correct? so u can put like 8 fans? or is that total watts or each channel?

yeah it was a pretty quick response. It sounds like each channel can handle 8 - 10 watts. I don't know off hand what the specs are on the stealth fan but in theory, yes you could easily put 7 on one channel if they are 1.2 watts and be within the power specification. Personally I would try to go no higher than about 75% of the max rating or around 7.5 watts per channel.

LA

Actually full speed will not be your problem. At that point the resistance of the rheo is basically zero so its not dissipating any power. Its when you start to slow the fan down that the rheo will start dissipating power. I haven't run the calcualtions yet to determine what the worst case resistance will be. What resistance value are you planning on buying? and which fan?

LA

probably evercool 25dba 30cfm 1 dollar fans.

where can you get the zalman for 30. id like to know. because the enermax is nice with lcd but its low quality backlight and lcd and u can only monitor 2 temps and 2 fans, information i myself do not need.

Back