• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tablet PC's and pricing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Laptop prices have remained pretty consistant for the past few years. I don't expect tablets to drop anytime soon. But who knows, Micro$oft might want to force manufacturers to lower prices to get the technology moving.

Considering that tablets are simply laptops with touchscreens I'd say tablet prices will slowly follow Laptops.

The biggest problem with laptops is justifying the large price premium and at the same time the major performance hit in the killer PC app - gaming. Try adding an expensive touchscreen (which if you've ever done it is a big nothing) and you have an even bigger problem.

kyleboy7 said:
Not all tablets are just laptops with touchscreens, some are just the tablet. Like the gateway, compaq, viewsonic and toshiba.

They are still laptops though. The same hardware is inside. I think they have PCMCIA and drive-swap slots identical to laptops too, so you can use laptop acessories with them.

Does anyone here actually own a tablet pc? I really cant see how these things are going to make money.

Back