• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shuttle xpc SN41G2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaneda

hey everyone, havent been on the forums in forevor but im building a new rig now that im down to one, and intel at that!! :(

kidding.. its not that bad.. hehe

but i have a quick question, i want to get this shuttle barebones

specs at newegg (link)

problem though, it only has a 200W PSU...

im just curious if anyone thinks i can get away with running this stuff on that psu..

link - maxtor 120gb 8mb cache
(overkill?)
xp 2600+

lite-on 16x dvd
floppy (duh?)
not sure on ram yet.. probably 512 at most. (crucial pc2100 most likely)

I think thats it, does anyone know if you can upgrade the power supply on these shuttles?

thanks in advance..
Drew

Last edited:
heres the reply i got on another site..

I have one of the older Shuttle's with a P3 in it, dvd/cdrw combo no problems---
Built a SB51G for a friends wife at Xmas with a 3.06 P4 dvd/cdrw/ATI9700 with no probs---
Not sure where you are but Fry's Electronics had the SB51G: http://www.shuttlegroup.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=85 on sale WITH a P4 2.4/533 for 299$, which was a killer deal---I was there yesterday---all gone but keep your eyes open---
For some reason a 200w p/s (they are teeny, may be difficult to replace) dont sound like alot of power for an Athlon XP but they built it that way and support it, so its your call...

Running mine with XP2100+, 9500Pro, 80GB 7200RPM Maxtor, Samsung Combo Drive, 512MB XMS3200 - nary a hiccup! I've seen plenty of people run the latest and greatest with the stock Shuttle PSU w/o a problem. Go to sudhian.com - forums with lots of info there for you!

Back