• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I OC my Moniter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duddy

Registered
I have an HP Pavilion mx50 moniter and the highest resolution I can get is 1024x768. I was wondering if I can increase my resolution higher than that.

I am almost certain it would require some kind of PHYSICAL mod. Not worth it in the long run, cost wise. I would just look for a new monitor that can handle higher resolution.

I dont think you can up the res, but you can up the refresh rate with a few utilities. It can seriously mess up you monitor if you push it to far tho.

no you cant, and you know your pushing the refresh rate too high when you see double/triple on your screen in a type of transparency. Try going down the resolution, if the os your using has a recovery option, ex can you see this, if not it will revert your setting back to normal, then you should safely be able to test higher res, but chances are it wont work, and if it does work your refreshrate will suffer.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Back