• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody else have this prob?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phoenix111384

just got a new pioneer slot loading drive, but there's a problem. any software that i use to play dvds crashes within the first min or two. this includes powerdvd, windvd, and wmp. i'm thinking that it might be my dma settings or directx 9. it was working fine before I installed directx 9...

any suggestions appreciated!

One problem I'm aware of is that it might not like to be on the same cable with another drive, and when it is on the same cable make sure it's set as master.

Did you try a different cable?
What OS are you using?
Which drive is it? (105-F orso).

it's a Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM Model DVD-120S Slot Load Drive OEM, on primary ide with nothing else on it. Win XP Professional SP1, drive was oem so no software...

Have you checked the jumper at the back (master/slave)?
I don't think DirectX9.0 has something to do with your problem.
Try changing your IDE cable, maybe somethings wrong with that, or try alter your bios settings (udma, etc).
I can't think of anything else at the moment. Hope this will help ya

I got the same problem, but it started when I did a fresh install. Managed to solve it my updating the firmware, but only for a week. Then same problem again.

Back