• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmfdm515

I'm looking for a good wireless mouse. I recently purchased the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop and i'm less than thrilled. The damn thing is just not responsive. Lags way to much and is generally a pain to use. Even the keyboard's multimedia keys are unresponsive. It's a shame, I was really exicted to have a good looking wirelss keyboard/mouse combo.

So I guess my only choice is Logitech. The mx700/500 is out because it is uncomfortable in my hand. Anyone use the regular logitech wireless? Is it responsive, or is it just as bad as microsoft's? I really don't want to purchase another and be in the same situation. To anyone who's used both - is it as heavy as microsoft's?

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
i have the logitech navigator duo. it's a keyless mouse and keyboard combo. the mouse is pretty simple, nothing fancy like the mx700. i've never had any problems with it. you might wanna check where your reciever is cause i know certain placement makes the mouse unresponsive?

I've got the receiver on top of my desk about 18 inches away. don't think that's the problem.

I have the cordless mouseman optical (and keyboard) - nicest mouse I've ever used, living up to Logitechs impressive legacy. Only drawback I've found is that it runs on AA batteries, but get a half dozen rechargables and rotate....

Wish I could get mouseman with an MX700 style charger....

It is quite heavy, but glides across your pad very nicely. Good solid feel to it, very acurate and responsive, lovely shape, looks a bit odd at first, but VERY comfortable.

Highly recommended.

Here's a thought...would using ps2 as opposed to usb help any? I could up the ps2 response in win XP, right?

...or would the lag be just as bad because of the signal going to the receiver?

Back