• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Restarts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry595

Registered
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am getting randon system restarts when playing games such as splinter cell, Raven Shield and Vietnam. I have tried changing graphics drivers...41.07 thru to 42.90 but still get problem.

Any in put would be helpful

Thanx, Terry

How much of an overclock do you have? Maybe knock your fsb back a little and try it again. I can only run my P4 at 116fsb or I get that problem in Mech4

Running Win Xp Pro SP1

149 FSB

I have been told that it could be directx 9, but as the only way to go back to 8.1 is to format, i am reluctant to do it on a 'could be'.

Thanx for suggestions

Terry

What is your system specs...motherboard...ram...cpu...heatsink...

One thing I can think of...if you are using a locked AMD CPU...149FSB might be too much of an OC for it and that would cause it too shut down durning heavy 3d games...

Quite often random reboots can be traced to heat, RAM or the PSU. Of course, as glock mentioned your OC could very well be the problem, too.

After installing my WC setup I would get random reboots in games. I took off the vid card waterblock, reseated it, screwed it on a bit tighter than it had been before, and the reboots stopped. Feel the back of the card under the gpu, if it feels too hot, you might want to try pointing a fan at it, or adding an aftrmarket cooling system.

Back