Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
Forum Jump

Your Opinion on My horrible website designes...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-19-03, 12:21 AM Thread Starter   #1
CrashOveride

Your Opinion on My horrible website designes...

ok i am wondering how some of these look for webside designes it would be just the menu and then the rest of hte site would be text and tables that are either in black or a light grey or other contrasting color... so plz let me know if it sucks let me know (oh and i know the ellow and red one sucks i did that cuz my mom suggested i use red in one of them...
(oh some are for a site for jsut me im planning on making and other for a little computer building buizness a friend of mine are gonna start up, oh and they would have rollovers and stuff this is jsut to get the looks and designe idea)
here they are:

EDIT: for some reason i cant get eh last pic to go its doing that werid thing ill make another post and see if it works

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
AKA:supaiku
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

Last edited by CrashOveride; 04-19-03 at 12:27 AM.
CrashOveride is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-19-03, 12:28 AM Thread Starter   #2
CrashOveride

did it... we shall see...

EDIT:alas it did not! man thats werid im doing my img tags right.l.. oddd

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
Old 04-19-03, 08:48 PM   #3
CPFitz14

Just a little help for you in the spelling department.

Donky= D-o-n-k-e-y

-CPFitz-
CPFitz14 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-19-03, 11:32 PM Thread Starter   #4
CrashOveride

i know i did that one on purpose

lol wow they must be really bad eh?

Old 04-19-03, 11:34 PM   #5
blackhabit

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashOveride
i know i did that one on purpose

lol wow they must be really bad eh?
theey are ok but could be bbetter
blackhabit is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-19-03, 11:44 PM Thread Starter   #6
CrashOveride

any suggestions?

Old 04-20-03, 01:39 AM   #7
baqai

overall i liked it but you might want to use tables without borders for the news section to make it short (size vertically), i rather have a shorter page to scroll (personal preference) and also i would personally prefer to have a page with either white or black background otherwise good job

Processor : Intel Core i7 3770K Mobo :Asus P8Z77-VLK GPU : Gigabyte HD 7850 OC 2gb
PSU : Corsair GS 800 Casing : CM 690 III Cooling : CM Seidon 240M CPU, 1 x 200 MM, 6 x 120 MM RAM : 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 Storage : Corsair Force GS 3 240 GB SSD Boot Drive, 5 TB+ Data Storage Display :1x42" Panasonic C10 Plasma and Dell 23" 1080p LED Speakers :Onkyo 605 with Polk Audio 5.1 Setup

baqai is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-20-03, 01:47 AM Thread Starter   #8
CrashOveride

hrm... ok i think ill use the bigger bottom one and use some tabels to amke it span your whole width and use the side blue part span the whole height needed for the page...

Old 04-20-03, 03:20 PM   #9
su root
--
I teach people how to read your email.

10 Year Badge

I would play with the fonts a little.

I like TESTcopy.jpg, and TEST2copy.jpg, but they still need a bit of work. (And more than anything, they need the rest of the site to follow the same theme...)

Old 04-20-03, 03:36 PM Thread Starter   #10
CrashOveride

hrm... well i am gonna put together the webpage using TESTcopy.jpg and the rest of the page is gonna, for the most part follow the theme... but it will mostly be text and pic anyways... every page will have that for the banner part though

Old 04-25-03, 08:40 PM   #11
SinsFeelNatural

wow my eyes have never hurt that bad since staring at the old tron toys in the 80s... that blue is way to deep of a blue,.,,, ouch
SinsFeelNatural is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-25-03, 08:42 PM   #12
SinsFeelNatural

just so I dont get the usual can you do better or why the negativity wheres your stuff

http://www.fantasticdamage.com/index2.html

I know it sucks as well but its not even public yet

EDIT: site is up. http://www.fantasticdamage.com

Last edited by SinsFeelNatural; 05-25-03 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-29-03, 11:16 PM   #13
Mastametz

10 Year Badge

I'd have to say that the colors you are using are not friendly to human eyes. They are what i like to call "bee colors." It would be less painful to look at if the colors werent as bright. don't use the hex colors. the basic html text colors are easy to look at....black is a good one...o o and white is a good one too

Lenovo Thinkpad T510

/Desktop is Sold/
2500k @ Stock
ASrock Extreme3 Gen3
60gb Vertex 3 SSD (Cache)/1tb Seagate Barricuda
MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 580 TI @ Stock
2x4GB Patriot 1600 CAS8
XFX 850w Core Edition
Corsair 500r
My Heatware
Mastametz is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-24-03, 07:07 PM   #14
SiliconX

Work on your typography. You don't have to use the weirdest, most custom fonts out there.

Arial, Verdana and Tahoma are your friends

Also, softer, comlplimentary colors go over MUCH better than bright blue on black.

I won't even touch on teh Red on Yellow scheme lol
SiliconX is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-24-03, 08:10 PM   #15
SinsFeelNatural

is that engineering site one that you did? cause the links changed

Old 05-25-03, 01:15 PM   #16
Gravity Man

First, work on your fonts. They are too hard to read.

Second, tweak the colors. Bold colors like that not only hurt my eyes and make things difficult to read, but they also look kind of "cheap."
Gravity Man is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-25-03, 03:06 PM Thread Starter   #17
CrashOveride

so you guys dont like hte blue and white?
the text would still be primarly black those are just the menues...)

ok ill keep that in mind thnks

Old 05-25-03, 07:48 PM   #18
SinsFeelNatural

wanna see something that with def hurt ur eyes.

I stumbled onto this site, and had a seizure soon after

http://fiiyah.2ya.com/

Old 05-25-03, 07:49 PM   #19
SinsFeelNatural

Re: Your Opinion on My horrible website designes...

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashOveride
ok i am wondering how some of these look for webside designes it would be just the menu and then the rest of hte site would be text and tables that are either in black or a light grey or other contrasting color... so plz let me know if it sucks let me know (oh and i know the ellow and red one sucks i did that cuz my mom suggested i use red in one of them...
(oh some are for a site for jsut me im planning on making and other for a little computer building buizness a friend of mine are gonna start up, oh and they would have rollovers and stuff this is jsut to get the looks and designe idea)
here they are:

EDIT: for some reason i cant get eh last pic to go its doing that werid thing ill make another post and see if it works
YGPM

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications