• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8 DAYS ADVANCED NOTICE (from today: 4/19) *** 120GB WD HDD $40AR and more!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks i got to get some cd-rs

btw nice avatar, i got the same one but a more mature version ;)

edit:

is this effective at just brick and mortar locations?

Seems as tho this only works at a OMAX M&B? Coz i read that name in there saying bring your reciept bck to blah blah.....

Hmm.

After reading through the fat wallet information, it sounds like many people are trying to do it with the 8 mb cache version. Anyone on here trying that or know if it will be successful? I am tempted but I am not sure yet if I will. Also, can you return them if unopened, because if so I will secure it ahead of time. Thanks for the heads up! You guys are awesome!

You can return it even if it's been opened. OfficeMax, Staples, and Office Depot don't charge restocking fees, unlike CompUSA with their 15% restocking fee.

this site has been posted on tons of sites... i think it died.. :(

An Error has occurred
An internal Error has occurred. The full error details have been sent to the FatWallet technical staff for further investigation.

If you continue to encounter errors, please email [email protected] and try to explain what you were trying to do when the errors occurred.

Is anyone else trying to do this, and if so are you going to try to get the Special Edition? I am trying to get the special edition, so here is my plan. I am going to wait a few days into the sale (I have already secured the drive) and then take it in and try to get the rebate. If they go ahead and do it, then I have no problems. If not, I will talk to a manager and hopefully they will be out of the other drives. I will hopefully then try to make a deal on the 8 mb version so I can get the same deal but get the Special Edition. I am not feeling confident though, I may have to just return it.

Has anyone else had any experience with trying to pull something like this off? Also, performace wise what is the difference between the 2mb version and the 8?

i am going to do it but i'm not going to push for a SE.. i already have one and actually have ample storage but hell for 40 bucks its worth getting.

IT WORKS!

MUAHAHHAA IT WORKS!!!

I ordered bunches of stuff, their website as of now (noon est) still shows wrong prices but placed the order, called them up 1 hour later, they took $105 off my total.

So my total which includes some headphones (altec lansing), file cabinets, 48x cdrw, 120gb HD (prolly not SE but no biggie), curtis caller-id phone and some pens

WAS ORIGINALLY $374.43
ADJUSTED TO $232.27 after taxes and $50 -off -$250 coupon

PLUS I still get $150 rebates..so total after rebates after tax is only $82.27 for a 120gb hard drive and cdrw plus bunches of other stuff! Free delivery!!!

Heads up to those interested, hard drive is on backorder, 7 days estimated before delivery. However, the $80 rebate form states that it is to be sent within 30 days of purchase..well within the timeframe :D

Go to the fatwallet for more detailed info on how to order....this is awesome!

Depends....honestly I think the local OfficeMax would be out of stock on at least the CDRW..

However the biggest challenge is if they accept your coupon... the above-mentioned offers would be best if combined with a $25 off $100, $30 off $150, $40 off $200 or $50 off $250 coupon (some valid for new customers only) and via online, these coupons would work...I've heard from some that they work at brick and mortar stores but haven't tried it myself..

Wouldn't hurt..

I ordered this last night at like 2:30 AM and when I tried to do the price adjustment over the phone the CSR told me I would NOT be getting the HDD, EVER.

I cancled my order.

If he lied to me, they are gettign a number of emails.

Back