• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why not Monsoon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matt761

I was looking through the "maximum upgrades Minimum cost" article in the April Maximum PC issue. They were reccomending the Monsoon Planar Media 9 (2 19watt satalites+ 1 38 watt sub)and before so I checked out their website(www.monsoonpower.com). I found the Planar Media 14 (100 Wrms) wich I started thinking about buying. The newegg reviewss weren't bad but when I did a search on this furom, I did not find much about monsoon speakers. Why is it that not alot of people have these here. Would i be better off the Klipsh 2.1's? I'm looking for 2.1 sound because I havew no where to put rear speakers. Im mostly a gamer but als listen to music.

Klipsh?
Monsoon?
other?

If you get a chance theres a review in the newest issue of Max Pc for the Planar 14s. The review is decent. To me I think that any review doesnt matter unless you like the product. I chose Logitechs because I liked the sound, options and wanted 5.1. I think the same goes for alot of the other people on this forum. I suggest that you listen to the planar 14s and compare them with something else.
Ive heard a set of monsoons before and they sounded pretty good.

Monsoon's tend to have a higher midrange. This produces much more even sound when listening to music. My ears don't like higher midrange. They cry. ALOT of audiophiles prefer neutral sound, thus, time and time again, Logitech's aren't the ones that are recommended by them.

If I were you, find a place where you can listen to the set yourself, and see how you like it. I wasn't particularly fond of the PM14's. Regardless, they are a great choice.

Klipsch!!! The Klipsch are the best PC speakers you can buy, if you can afford them, get them!

Monsoon sucks. I have a 98 Z28 with the Monsoon upgrade and the sound is terrible. Sure its better than stock, but thats about it.

If you wanna spend less go with the logitech Z series.

Back