• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys, I'm at my wits end!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsquared_uk

Hi guys,

I'm at my wits end here with this machine, I just cannot get it to overclock or even underclock for that matter.

Whatever settings I have in the rest of the BIOS, I can't raise the FSB or Multi, nor can I drop them at all. I've tried it with all the memory set to normal, 2.5, etc etc. I tried just dropping the multi to 13 which should still work, but it doesn't. I've tried just upping the FSB a touch which doesn't do anything either. I can run the FSB at 100 though, as that's what it defaults to after cleared CMOS - likewise the memory defaults to HCLK.

All I get is a blank screen when it reboots, I get no POST at all and I have to clear CMOS.

My cooling is great (32 idle, 39 load), my memory is decent and can handle 166FSB so it shouldn't be a problem, rest of the machine as in my sig. The only card apart from the GFX is a 3Com 905C NIC.

The CPU isn't unlocked, but this shouldn't stop me dropping to 13 or messing with the FSB.

This is REALLY annoying me now! Anyone got any ideas?

Definitely update the bios if it's not the newest version, which I *THINK* should be 5.7 for that board, if it's got the same core as mine.

So basically, you're saying that the machine will work great at stock settings, but increasing the FSB by ONE tick and saving-rebooting results in no post?

Out of curiosity, what happens when you use Fuzzy Logic, the oc utility that came with the board? (Which is normally useless for true overclockers, but may be educational in this instance.)

Back