• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF!!... Higher clock lower bench scores (CPU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
AHh

WELL...

I HAD my 1700 clocked at 2 gigaherts for a few days and my temps were nice and low so i decided to push it back up to 2.4 gigs... before this i did some benchmarking in sisoft and my scoers were arond par witha 2600+ okay....

Now i clocked my cpu at 221X11= 2431 mhz and wtf i do benchmarks my scores are LOWER than an 1800+ !! Windows is registering it as Amd Athlon 2.43 ghz and sisoft does same.. Timings are 4-2-2-2.0 with Twinmos windbond chips... Board is 8rda+... can anyone help meee?!?

Thanks

-Excelsior

::Edit:: i just benchmarked my ram.. my 3200 twinmos in the aggresive settings is performing worse than pc 2100 in a via system!!! ::/edit::

Last edited:
ahh

so i ran prime95...

about 10 seconds in FATAL ERROR

ROUNDING WAS 0.5 EXPECTED LESS THAN 0.4

Now

if i have these problems how should i remedy it......

i used toast and such to test if my oc was stable but i forgot about prime95.... any help?

What were the benches before and after?

Also, what kind of cooling are you using and what kind of temps do you have?

Oh, you may have better results if you asked a mod to move this to an AMD forum.

Well its overclocking and i couldnt find a normal overclocking area...

well

Cleared cmos....

put it at default settings...

STILL terrible....

So which part should i RMA to fix this? i havent modded anything phisically ont he board so they are all good for RMA...

ME:
Drystone: 3437
whetstone: 1388

1800+
Drystone:5770
whetstone: 2344

1600+
Drystone:5269
whetstone: 2141

Ugh should i RMA my ram, CPU or MOBO?

Back