• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my video encoding so SLOW!!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

I don't understand it, when using nero to burn VCD's the encoding takes over 30 minutes!! Is there any video encoding software that makes use of the Pentium 4 code to make encoding faster?

I'm using a Pentium 4 3.5GHz
512MB of 446MHz DDR 2/5/3/2 timings
and the rest is in the sig..

thanks...

That's preety damn good!! I've got a P4 [email protected] and it takes me hour and fifteen to encode 45 minutes worth. I htink the trick is to find software that will encode as your recording, haven't been able to find it yet though.

skab said:
That's preety damn good!! I've got a P4 [email protected] and it takes me hour and fifteen to encode 45 minutes worth. I htink the trick is to find software that will encode as your recording, haven't been able to find it yet though.

one hour and 15 minutes? for 45minutes.. wow

I sometimes get over 30min for a FULL CD.. I don't think that recording while it's encoding is smart, but they must have Petium 4 optimized software..

I know that there's some software out there called TMPGEnc that I use to encode all my stuf to VCD format. However, it can only re-encode MPEGs, so if you're trying to do it to a DivX AVI, I'd have to do more thinking.

JigPu

Yah man, you have a pretty darn blazing speed, I think your doin just fine, but may be jigpu will pull something through for you.

There's a new version of VirtualDub made to utilize all the instruction sets unique to the Pentium 4.
Get it at www.virtualdub.org

Even though I'm running an XP 1900+ I can compress at 100fps (108 minutes of MPEG1 video, compressed to DivX5 takes only 29 minutes)

I no longer need to encode now that I figured out how to configure my TV Capture card to capture and encode in DivX5 in realtime.

If you get another program to encode the stream as VCD format first it takes no time at all to burn (because it doesn't have to encode anything).

I use Ulead Video Studio (came with an Asus GFx I bought a while ago) It will do an hour of footage (multiplexing audio and video) in about 20 mins + whatever time it takes to burn a cd in nero.

I guess nero's encoder is not that efficient.

Back