• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[req help] - xp2200 + asus a7v333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mantis

hey

I have a xp 2200 + and an asus a7v mobo 512 megs of 333 ddr (dunno who makes it) in it

I updated the motherboards bios to the latest version and can no longer see lower than 13 x .. but its compatable with the new bartons now :)

I still have the old bios if its recomended I use it till i get a new proc

so anyhow .. its at like .. 13.5x with fsb at .. 147 or so i think

voltage is at 1.7 I think

runs at 52c under load at like 1.94 ghz

It has a volcano 9 on it

Id like to know what other ppl have done with this same chip

This is my first oc btw so be gentle plz :)

Hey at least I read lots before asking .

any advice is welcome!

Should I lap the heatsink on It and use some artic silver ? or just run it as it is ? and buy a new chip when they are more resonablly priced ?

thanks

Last edited:
Hmm my suggests is to mod the chip to lower the multi. That way you can runs it at higher FSB(166 or higher ). Remember to set your divider to 1/5 when you go anything 166 or over.

For the modding guide, check here: http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html
Happy overclocking :D
For more helps, here is the right place :)
MameXP,

First of all, WELCOME to the Forum.

Is your chip a palomino or tbred?

Your temp since kinda high for your vcore. Lap the heastsink if you see/feel any machine marks. Also use Arctic Silver 3 to help lower the temps. Just remember that the room temp also plays a major role with your temps if you are air cooling.

Mantis said:
hey

I have a xp 2200 + and an asus a7v mobo 512 megs of 333 ddr (dunno who makes it) in it

I updated the motherboards bios to the latest version and can no longer see lower than 13 x .. but its compatable with the new bartons now :)

I still have the old bios if its recomended I use it till i get a new proc

so anyhow .. its at like .. 13.5x with fsb at .. 147 or so i think

voltage is at 1.7 I think

runs at 52c under load at like 1.94 ghz

It has a volcano 9 on it

Id like to know what other ppl have done with this same chip

This is my first oc btw so be gentle plz :)

Hey at least I read lots before asking .

any advice is welcome!

Should I lap the heatsink on It and use some artic silver ? or just run it as it is ? and buy a new chip when they are more resonablly priced ?

thanks

I have your exact same setup unlock the chip

The 2200+ is the worst overclocking chip ever made. I can only get 74mhz OC and I have tried everything that is the max stable. Its not even worth voiding your warranty to mod it, if it is retail

USAPGAPRO said:
The 2200+ is the worst overclocking chip ever made. I can only get 74mhz OC and I have tried everything that is the max stable. Its not even worth voiding your warranty to mod it, if it is retail

yo I got this chip when it first came out you know how much they were back then and now its not even worth making a key chain out of it you can get 1700's to do better

maxima88 said:
First of all, WELCOME to the Forum.

Is your chip a palomino or tbred?

Your temp since kinda high for your vcore. Lap the heastsink if you see/feel any machine marks. Also use Arctic Silver 3 to help lower the temps. Just remember that the room temp also plays a major role with your temps if you are air cooling.

I have no idea if its a palomino or tbred ,is there a prog that will tell me Or do I havta take the chip out ?

Thanks!

MameXP said:
Hmm my suggests is to mod the chip to lower the multi. That way you can runs it at higher FSB(166 or higher ). Remember to set your divider to 1/5 when you go anything 166 or over.

For the modding guide, check here: http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html
Happy overclocking :D
For more helps, here is the right place :)
MameXP,

Thanks for the info !

I'm almost sure it's a pally, so there's not much you can do since there's no much room to o/c it. Maybe unlock it, lower the multi and jack up the FSB to get the whole system running faster. Don't know if you think it's worth the hasstle of unlocking the chip though.

Back