• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does the NF7 v2.0 measure the cpu temperature correctly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smallghost

Registered
Hi all, I have a NF7 v2.0 board w/ a xp1700+ from excaliberpc. I am using a Vantec Aeroflow heatsink/fan w/ AS3. I am currently running my cpu at 185x12 = 2.22ghz with 1.65v. I am getting 50c @load when I am running prime95. Is my temperature normal? I am using bios 11, does this version of bios report the cpu temperature correctly? Will a better heatsink and fan like the SLK900U and a 92mm Panaflow helps lower my temperature? If yes, about how low it can be (estimate is fine)? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have the same cpu on an NF7-S and it reports almost 10 degrees higher than my old KX7-333R. I dont worry too much because it stays under 40c. Yes the SLK will help, fan is your choice.

I'm watercooling with a maze, viaqua and chevette. Idle 28*C case, 41*C socket; load 30*C case, 46*C socket.

Room temp is 27.5*C case is open right now because I can't close it until my new fans arrive (complicated story).

I have the same setup as you(NF7-S with bios 11, Vantec Aeroflow, [email protected] 202x11.5 , AS3) and my temps are very close to yours. I just ran Prime95 for a while and they were around 48C under load. Are temps are very close so I think everything is ok with your rig. A big heatsink like one of the Thermalright's will improve your temps but I am not sure by how much.

Back