• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6L40-A4E Main board Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thenos

I have a P6L40-A4E Main board which has the Intel 440LX AGPset chipset. I was wondering if anyone knew if this chipset only supports 60/66 MHz bus clock? and whether the 75/83 MHz settings where for internal test only? Will overclocking cause serious damage?, because I have been told that the speeds between 66 MHz and 100 MHz can be troublesome. I have a Intel 333 MHz CPU. Any information would be appreciated.

75-83mhz is about the limit you will be able to run that processor (37.5-41.5mhz pci bus).

It won't do much 'harm', but may cause reboots/boot failures if it's unstable. The trick was to use the early celerons on a BX board that could run 100+mhz bus, then you'd be within the PCI spec using a 1/3 divider (100/3=33mhz). Right now you'd be limited to a 1/2 divider if memory serves me.

That's an older chipset, it will not be the most stable of motherboards and will likely frustrate more than overclock ;)

Back