• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

diffrence in the agp slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shaded

Registered
anyone able to explain to a newbie what is the diffrence in the agp slots?

well or much simpler where does the agp pro should b sorted in?
pro 4X 8X
or
4X 8X pro?

sorry searching didn't help really :(

oh, and what r registered ram modules? ???

The short answer is it = mega bits per second at the bus
1x 266mb/s 2x 532mb/s ect. But I think 8x is more data by compression not bandwidth also some of the first AGP slots where flipped 180 degrees (old P2/1 gateways off hand). I am sure others can help you more if you need more :)

Registered Memory - A memory module that contains registers that hold the data for one clock cycle before it is moved on to the motherboard. This process increases the reliability of high-speed data access. Registered memory modules are typically used only in servers and other mission-critical systems where it is extremely important that the data is properly handled.

got from ---> http://comtread.com/eccandregmem1.html

agp 4x pro..like that

if it is a pro slot, that just leans its longer, and has more contacts than the normal one...some MSI boards have them, and i think soyo used to use them. only cards that actually use the pro part is stuff like the 256mb oxygen cards and those other HUGE ones

Back