• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Head phones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

Hi , I am look for some head phones for my Nomad Zen Mp3 player. My price range is from 40 to 60 $.

Thanks ahead of time

I don't think this is the right section but sennheiser are really good. They have alot at newegg for real cheap.

I have a $5 pair of Century digital concepts that sound great.Its actually a headset with the mic.

GRADO SR60's are the best you will find in that range. They don't require a headphone amp and have the best sound for $60,

I got the sen HD280s which very nice, but they are $85 at Newegg.

26-106-306-02.JPG

SENNHEISER HD202-RTL

those look pretty sizzlin. I do not want foam head phones, those annoy the heck out of me and usually dont block out background noise as well as ones that cover your entire ear.
What do you guys think of those headphones?

you know what i think ;)

I've recommended them to 5 friends, all of them bought them and all of them love me. you won't be disappointed, plus they're cheap ;)

Just don't get sonys that go around the back of your neck because they are about as comfortable as wearing 2 seashells strapped around your head with a chain

I second the Grado's :p However, they may not exactly work the best with a portable unit.

I also recommend the Sennheiser PX200 closed headphones. They are a steal for around $50US. Very portable too, as it comes with a nice case.

Bonka said:
I second the Grado's :p However, they may not exactly work the best with a portable unit.

I also recommend the Sennheiser PX200 closed headphones. They are a steal for around $50US. Very portable too, as it comes with a nice case.

I thought that about the Grados too, but after trolling multiple audiophile forums the answer I got, roughly, 3 out of 4 times was that the Grado SR80 were the best headphones that were non-headphone amp drive that you can get with the Grado SR60s being the next best thing if you can't afford the SR80s.

The senn HD280s were not quite as good as the SR80s without a headphone amp (using a cd player or receiver or computer) in most peoples opinion, but Newegg doesn't carry Grados and I was ordering a bunch of other junk too so I just grabbed them.

They are quite nice too.

Anyway, the Grados will perform very well with a CD player according to audiophiles. I highly suggest you (zabomb4163) check some audiophile forums instead of computer forums for this particular question as they specialize in audio equiptment like this forum specializes in computer equiptment.

Here is my favorite:

http://www.audioasylum.com/index.html

Here is one of the best headphone sites on the web:

http://www.headwize.com/

ps don't buy Sony. They have a big name and make a quality product, but you can get a high quality product for the same price.

definately the PortaPro's

they are by far the best value for the money.

i should pick up a pair so i don't damage my HD580s wearing them portably.

Back