• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax EG365P-VE whoops EG465P-VE Butt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seraphic

I have been using an Enermax EG465P-VE for my rig and getting
saggy 12v rail. Multimeter would give 11.85v and Mobo readout would dip below 11.5 during heavy overclocking.

Coincidentally I gave my spare generic 420w ps to an Uncle so last saturday I went and picked up a new Enermax EG365P-VE
which are the new revisions with beefier 12v rail amperage 26A compared to my older EG465P-VE's 12v rail 20A.

For the hell of it I just switched in the new EG365P-VE and my 12v rail multimeter reading is 12.05v and never below 11.8 from mobo monitor.

I'm able to run at 229fsb now rock solid P95 all same voltages.

So if your using the old style Enermax built to power 5v rails maybe you should look into the new Enermax PS revisions with much better 12v amperage. Seeing a 350w run my rig better than
430watter is proof enough!

The 430w won't go to waste. I still have another older mobo that powers core with 5v rail.

Is there a new version of the EG465P- VE ?
I remember mine is rated for 430W but it is now 460W in Enermax web.
Btw., I don't have problems with +12V which is 12.5V.
My +5V is a bit week which is 5.0V by voltmeter and 4.81V from MBM.

all of Enermax PS have been revised to beef up the amps on the 12v line. So in most case the some 5v amps are shifted over to the 12v rail.

Very good for P4 and Athlon Nforce2 rigs that use the 12v rail for CPU core power (before Mosfet conversion of course).

I am not sure if the 5v sag you are experiencing will be remedied
in the new Enermax PS revisions.

Back