• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use Geil Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=20-144-306

Thats the stuff I am looking at. Someone in the classifieds was selling some, but I missed it :cry: Anyway, they hit like 450ddr with em. Thats with 2 I guess. I would prefer to sticks fo rwhen I go to dual channel. O ya, this isnt gonan replace my xms, just go into a new rig :)

O ya, I have heard all the things about Geil sucking, so please, dont post any of that. I will seriously slap you upside the head if you tell me to get XMS. I swear to god.......

I'll have to admit I was sceptical when I picked some up....I mean $40 a stick plus shipping I'm thinking it can't be that great......cheaper than OCZ for crying out loud.

But it did what it was rated to do, and plenty more. Maybe I just got lucky......I always had good success with OCZ too.

Sometimes I just think there's a bad batch going around.

the people who did the reviews at Newegg seem to of gottan pretty good results, too. One of them is "Kunaak". Isnt he a member here? The guy who has like 10 of everything?

cw823, i forgot to ask, what chips does your ram use? Are they Geil chips or something? I just wanna make sure I know what I am looking for exactly :cool:

Back