• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax UC-12FAB 107CFM@32db versus Panaflo 120mm M1A 35.5dBa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bilydkid1970

I just learned of Enermax's UC-12FAB

http://www.enermax.com.tw/uc-8fab.htm

Has anybody heard one of these fans and heard a 120mm Panaflow M1A????

That Enermax is rated at ~24% (107CFM versus 86CFM) more airflow, with 3.5dB less noise.

Also, the Enermax is rated as 32dB, while that Panaflo is rated at 35.5dBa. Is there much of a difference between a dB and a dBa rating???

~BdK

link says that rating is at 2800rpm.

I don't understand b/c most of the places you can buy these, it says the rpm range goes to the 2300rpm range, which is the middle column of that table. So how do you squeeze out 500rpm?

the Enermax is rated as 32dB, while that Panaflo is rated at 35.5dBa
Unfortunately, I don't think there's an industry standard for measuring noise. You need to go to the websites of the manufacturers and see if they have notes about their process. Perhaps dBa stands for decibles A-weighted .

jlin453 said:
link says that rating is at 2800rpm.

I don't understand b/c most of the places you can buy these, it says the rpm range goes to the 2300rpm range, which is the middle column of that table. So how do you squeeze out 500rpm?

I use the Enermax 80mm adjustable fan that's supposed to go
to 3000rpm but it really does 3700. It seems that they are playing
games with the specs. :mad:

The A is for A weighted. It is an adjustment that attempts to compensate for the subjective way in which humans hear sound.
I get the feeling that they all use A weighting they just don't say so.

chasingapple said:
I have the Enermax 120mm as my Intake fan, it is dead silent at full RPM. I love it!

I'm going to put one of them on top of my case, after that I should be able to slow down all of the 80mm screamers that I have.

Back