• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why not 200mhz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Napoleon

i cant figure out this, ok i can run the memory at 220 with 6222 timings, but when i try to run async at 200, it gets in windows, flashes, then like has multi cursers, then every time i click on sumthin screen flashes, ne ideas?

how can you run it at 220 without doing it async then? using the setting for running meory only at 166 and then putting the FSB up or something?

well assuming you do have yoru stuff right there i would guess taht your NB is maxing our maybe:D

so more cooling and possible a volt mod if you can already adjust that MIGHT be in order

well you would have faster speeds cuz your proc would get overclocked more too... oh doi... that could be what is maxing also... not your mobo... (oh and that is assuming yoiu have and Nforce2 that has a PCI lock)

async=mem and cpu fsb running at different speeds....
sync=mem and cpu running at same speed...

On the 8rda you should have it set to 100% which would run the mem and cpu at the same fsb... When set to 120% your mem is running at 120% of you fsb....

So what % do you have it set to?

Crazymofo said:
async=mem and cpu fsb running at different speeds....
sync=mem and cpu running at same speed...

On the 8rda you should have it set to 100% which would run the mem and cpu at the same fsb... When set to 120% your mem is running at 120% of you fsb....

So what % do you have it set to?

thats make more sense... i was mis-informed (the search was down for a bit too so ic ould realy search), i would say that your problem is that running async at 200 puts your mem faster than the 220mhz in synch... so its probably just that your mem is maxing i would just run it at 220mhz in sync:D

Crazymofo said:
oh and when you run async your mem bandwidth sucks!!

Argh, how come everyone keeps on saying that? Back up your point with some evidence or something, 'cause I'm not convinced.

async @ 200 mem, 185 fsb:
async.jpg

sync @ 185 mem+fsb:
sync.jpg

Damian if you can get a screenie of sync at 200 and you should have over 3000MB/s thats when it sucks... but if your proc maxes at 185 and you mem can do 200 then yes i guess async for you is better...

No, at an FSB of 200 the lack of a 1/6 divider or PCI lock causes my hard drive to be corrupted. I only have a KT400...

async is only better when you proc maxes before your mem... i guess otherwise you should probably run in sync to get max preformace...it doesnt suck somtimes its just not needed:D

See I have no expierence with KT400 only Nforce2.... so you see async may be the best alternative for you because you are board limited but if you could do sync 200 there is a huge diff... here try this take your proc down to say 166 and get your mem at 185 then come back here and tell me async doesnt suck...

i have found the problem ,my mobo whichi ordered 3/17/03, is a rev 1.1, so im gonna have to get a new one, o well.....

but ona better not im at 12.5x190 6-2-2-2, 5 works but is slower, 1.85 vcore, on air.... so, this 1700, r teh pwn

Back