• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WCPUID=reboot why

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

I wanted to see what wcpuid would show my cpu at so I d/l'ed the program unziped it it has 10 files + the exe file its all in one folder when I click on the exe file it reboots my comp whats up with that anyone have a clue?

I got this problem b4... after I reinstalled my OS, everything worked fine~

No i'm positive its not the stability problem. I had the same problem b4. Mine could run prime 4ever but WCPUID always made the comp reboot. CPU-Z worked fine. Also reintalled OS solved the problem too.

You guys won't believe this, I just downloaded cpu-z, based on the suggestions in this thread, and guess what it did as soon as I clicked on the exe file. The same thing that happend to Drak55 with WCPUID. And after the reboot if I click on the exe it says cpu-z has generated errors and must be closed.

Edit: I was running Prime95 when this happend and it was running for about 12 hours without any problems when this happend. Do you guys think my comp is unstable or maybe it's just the program that is buggy?

Last edited:
at the speed my comp is now its extreemly stable with my setting
160fsb
12.5x
1.850v
XP2200@2000

I can run every program to bench mark and no problem but wcouid as soon as I click it reboots.Ill try the other prog and let yas know.

D/L'ed CPU-Z same thing it reboots so I figured it might be a software problem. Ill be off in formating land for a while and reinstalling OS I'll let yas know what happends.

Like I said, try underclocking to stock, no matter how stable your comp is now, and see if the problem persists.

They used to do that to me........
Never did figure out for sure what the problem was,
I had to RMA the ram I had in there though, hasn't done it since
I purchased the mushkin ram though......

Try writing 0's to drive, then reinstall windows. Or, try different ram and set your comp to stock values. If that doesn't work your going to have to rma something.

well if i where you i would use GCPUID after all tech support is right here in our forums.. he made it (reffering ot TheCoolest) there is a thread in General :D (new way to ID what CPU you have ithink :D)

fubulg6000 said:
Try writing 0's to drive, then reinstall windows. Or, try different ram and set your comp to stock values. If that doesn't work your going to have to rma something.

I did write all 0's I reformated and reinstalled winxp but still nothing. clocked it back to stock still nothing

Back