• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BLOWOUT Dot-Com Auctions in California!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbigna

I just got this in the (snail) mail--an invitation to attend in person or via webcast 10AM PST on Thursday, April 24 at 6399 San Ignacio Ave., San Jose, CA. You may inspect the merchandise Wednesday, April 23, 9A-5P and the morning of the sale starting at 9A.

They are auctioning what was formerly Allegro Networks.

Here is the website: www.cowanalexander.com

As much as I'd like to go to one of these things, I live too far away. It seems that this Cowan Alexander LLP does this all the time on the west coast. If someone knows of any auctions like this going on in the Chicago or Milwaukee areas, PLEASE DROP ME A LINE!!!

Beware of shipping! If you plan on buying, make alternate arrangments for pickup or use a 3rd party shipper, do NOT allow them to arrange shipping (not even sure if they offer it, but I remember this being an issue the last time I planned on participating in one of their auctions).

Good equipment and auction house BTW, very professional.

No doubt about the shipping. That's why I posted this mainly for Californians. I wouldn't feel all that comfortable without inspecting the merchandise before bidding. I would also like a local auction so I could pick it up myself.

AGAIN--I'M LOOKING FOR SIMILAR INFO FOR SIMILAR LIQUIDATION AUCTIONS GOING ON AROUND CHICAGO OR MILWAUKEE!

I live a short distance away from that place. Probably 3 miles. Most of that equipment is out of my league though.

fubulg6000 said:
I live a short distance away from that place. Probably 3 miles. Most of that equipment is out of my league though.
Did you look through the web-list of items to be auctioned? There should be plenty for you in your range. You will find that you can buy most of this stuff for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't be surprised if those 21" monitors could be had for $50 and those computers for around the same.

not true.. i remember watching one particular cowan alexander auction very intently during the auctioning and the price of many of the items went for almost retail price. Of course there were a few items that went for a decent price though.. and those auctions are SUPERFAST.. you have no time to think twice about your bid.

mbigna said:

Did you look through the web-list of items to be auctioned? There should be plenty for you in your range. You will find that you can buy most of this stuff for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't be surprised if those 21" monitors could be had for $50 and those computers for around the same.

mbigna said:

Someone pick me up one of those $50 monitors!

Why cant we have this stuff in MA?

Apple%20G4's%20In%20racks.JPG
now thats alot of macs

rotflmfao.....thats sorta funny :)

I would try to get there, but i doubt i would be able to get down to that area tomorrow...i have school :(

'Gumpy

6-9.jpg

I could buy these and run my apartment for a few hours during the next power outage!

DO you know how many people usually go to these events?
I mean its an auction so the starting price might be low and maybe I can get a steal around there.

Ah, i considered going after viewing all those macs on the wall. Even though i cant afford one i intended on going. But, i have class on the time of the inspection and auctioin. No go for me.

trdsw20 said:
DO you know how many people usually go to these events?
I mean its an auction so the starting price might be low and maybe I can get a steal around there.

Very few go to ANY type of auction, which is why they try to lure people in online as well... and the bottom line, hope no one else wants exactly what you want, otherwise forget about getting the item at a real discount.

Back