• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking 2100 tbred B problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aggieeng

my 2100 tbred-B was running perfectly fine at 185*13 (2405mHz) before I got my 9700 pro, but now it seems the 9700 pro can't handle the overclocked AGP bus. my mobo is an epox 8k3a+...so i just have the 1/5 divider for the PCI bus and no lock or anything...

anyway, i can get it to boot and run windows fine, but when i begin a 3d game (such as ut2k3 or whatever) the card locks up on me...when i set the clock back to 166*13 (the 1/5 divider lets the PCI/AGP busses be in spec there) it works fine, no hangups or anything...anyone know if there is something that can be done to fix this, or if there's an epox 8k3a+ bios that will allow me to change multipliers with a tbred-B? i know this chip can do better than what it's at, and it's frustrating to have to hold it back because of an apparent video card problem...anyway...any help would be much appreciated...

and you have proof that a gf fx would be better than most other modern cards? try a useful suggestion. anyway, back to the ??, you might just have to move up in incriments to find out how out of spec you can move your agp, a 176fsb would only be 70mhz agp, just remember that every 5mhz fsb you move up you go up one agp mhz. and like socket eh said, bumping the agp voltage may help, if not, you can hard code a 13.5x multi to get the most out of your chip. just requires a willingness to blow/cut some bridges and connect a few others

Back