• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba Magnia SG20 Multifunction Appliance Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ugmore Baggage

As soon as I saw this I wanted one. Then I began to wonder just what it does...

Toshiba Magnia SG20 Multifunction Appliance Server
Our Price: $199
List: $1099 Save: $900

Intel® Celeron® processor 566Mz + 128MB RAM 20GB 8 Port Router + Wireless Ready + VPN + Firewall Server + Attached Storage etc. + 10/100 Ethernet (1-public WAN RJ-45 port + 7-private LAN RJ-45 ports and 1-private RJ-45 uplink port for expansion) and V.90 DSP Modem Red Hat Linux 7.3

They forgot to mention it's silver and black (what I like about it)

just looks like a server with an integrated hub/switch, intended for use as a general application server or firewall/router. Pretty much what it says, seems quite reasonabley priced. Does it come with any software?

Damn, thats a shame, they don't look too bad. I just got news that my dad is allowed to take home some rack server from work, 2 years old just aparently. Nevre been used, and he is bringing it home tommorow. Aparently it cost £10k new, hopefully there might be some nice kit inside it... :)

hehe, hope so, that'd be pretty good for free, as far as I can tell from what he has described there are multiple machines in the rack... maybe even a switch or router... hehe. I could do with and spare machine anyway, anything that is fast enough to run win 2k.

Back