• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dvd program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Free? Well, I see you have a Radeon there, so ATI's DVD player might be a good start.

If you're willing to plunk down some cashola, try out PowerDVDxp or WinDVD. Both are very good. I tend to favour WinDVD, however, 'cause PowerDVD doesn't like some of my DVDs

I use WinDVD, It crashes with extreme prejudice whenever I try to play ANY DVD.

Out of the 20 some odd DVDs I've tried to play, the only one that didnt' crash with badness was Akira o_O;

hmm, my lappy has Win DVD and it runs fine. I have power dvd on my desktop and its fine. I like Win DVD by a smidgeon. ATIs progam I think is based of Win DVD(Its one of the two).

I use PowerDVD for all my DVD viewing :D

Other than WMP, the only other free player I can think of is the InterActual player that is (or at least seems to be) bundled with EVERY DVD. Never used it though :D

JigPu

sangapski said:

WMP needs a 3rd party decoder to play DVDs... i think :D

VOB files are in the list of selectable/acceptable formats.. so, I donno. :\

But anyways, so what if it does? It also needs a 3rd party codec to play DivX;) :p

JigPu said:
I use PowerDVD for all my DVD viewing :D

Other than WMP, the only other free player I can think of is the InterActual player that is (or at least seems to be) bundled with EVERY DVD. Never used it though :D

JigPu

Interactual = Suck. Not a nice player at all.

Back