• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yamaha CD-RW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Does anyone who owns a Yamaha CRW-F1ZEN have any compliments or gripes about this drive... and please don't recommend Lite On drives. I know they are cheap, but i just want to know about this drive currently. Ill probably end up getting a Lite On tho....

I've got a Yamaha CRW3200E and I love it! Fask as heck and not one coaster so far in the last year.
I know it's not the drive you're asking about, but I've got nothing but praise for Yamaha so far :)

hmmm gripes...

other than the initial cost, I have nothing but praise for the drive itself. i've had it about 8 mos now and have made 1 or 2 coasters... can't beat that large cache! BUT, rebatesHQ screwed me on the 20 buck rebate! it'll make me think twice about buying yamaha merchandise. another thing that might bother others is the little "extra" you are going to have to pay for the azo tint cd-r's. just be on the look out for sales on yamaha and verbatim discs. bottom line, I'm happy with it.

it was @ 110 with the rebate, if I got it.
I think I have seen the price drop to the $80 range as of late.

WOW! from where, i can't find it even close to that low...

sorry stan,

I should have been more specific about that 80 range... last I saw it, it was for ~100, then the rebate and you get the 80. hmmm, me thinks it was outpost.com. I got mine from dell using all those coupons and discounts that I could find.

they don't seem to have it :( anyone else got some places to search for this drive?

Back