• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this MP3 palyer OEM or retail???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Monstermile

I won an auction for an MP3 player on ebay. It is a Creative Nomad IIc. When I got it I opened the shipping box and there was a white box. It looks just like the one in this other auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3019856319&category=15058

Now to me I would think that this is an OEM player. The seller advertised it as "ITEM NEW CONDITION: Brand New factory sealed in retail packaging (not refurbished)". I am trying to get a refund but she is debating me saying it is actually retail. True the inside box looks like it could be retail but the ear buds and memory card are not in the sealed box. I tried to explain to her that retail packaging would be what you would walk into Best Buy or CC and see. I don't think they would have white boxes sitting on the shelf.

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't this an OEM???

I get an OEM feeling from this..... If it wasn't for, what seems to be the headphones, not in the main coloured box I'd say it was retail, but just put in a white box for whatever reason.

Its retail alright. I'm assuming that he is just going to ship it in those white boxes. The retai packaging looks sealed.

fubulg6000 said:
Its retail alright. I'm assuming that he is just going to ship it in those white boxes. The retai packaging looks sealed.

Yeah but the earbuds and memory card are not in the sealed package. They are in the white box with the other sealed Creative box. The box looks exactly like the one I got (different seller) and it has a Creative label on the front with the contents.

he might of threw those in himself, they may not come with the player when you buy it from best buy

OEM - I work for a store that sells Nomads. They're normally in plastic sealed packages (the form fit packages that you can hang from a shelf hanger thingie) and the headphones are behind-the-head.

Back