• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gimme more 3dmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DemonicAardvark

I know people have probably posted similar things in the past but.... I think my system (below) deserves a little more than 11,7xx 3dmarks? I just need to know if I am doing anything stupid, I am new to the benchmark scene. What do I do with my resolution, etc... Thanks, Greg

To start off with...what settings (tweaks) do you run now when doing 3d marks...and do you have everything shut down in your toolbar when benching...and do you benchmark right after you reboot?

DemonicAardvark said:
I know people have probably posted similar things in the past but.... I think my system (below) deserves a little more than 11,7xx 3dmarks? I just need to know if I am doing anything stupid, I am new to the benchmark scene. What do I do with my resolution, etc... Thanks, Greg
i would agree with you here i just scored 12099 with an old 64meg radeon 8500 retail with out doing any mods to the card unless ramsinks are a mod a 9700 pro should kill my 8500 without even tweeking while letting seti@home go i still get above 11k 3dmarks sounds like something is missing on not installed right

Resolution? Always run at the standard res.

Do you have anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering on in your graphics settings? Turn those off. (To be honest, it seems like either one of these is very likely causing your problem)

Turn AGP 8x on and set the AGP aperture to 256mb in the BIOS.

Back