• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Svc molex splitters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
Ok I bought the svc molex splitters (one 4 pin to 2 4 pins) cause they were cheap. They get here and are very nice... solid build, thick gauge wire... one thing though... Svc has their cabling reversed (IE; 12v is red, 5v is yellow). Since it's reversed on both the inputs and the outputs, this means very little if you are actually using these cables as a Y splitter... just the cables are different colors... it still works fine, but if you are wiring a fan, well I've got 3, 5 volted fans (fortunately two I was going to 5 volt with a little adapter I've made anyway, this saves me the trouble.) So check to make sure the colors are right before you wire any fans with a molex Y... or you might be wasting a Y adapter.

I've noticed when I make adapters out of old 386 at cases that I run into the same thing, had to smokw a hard drive first though. Now I volt check all my mods.

Back